Nutritional food doesn't mean bland or boring. This interesting and tasty stew will be center stage at your next dinner. It's cholesterol free, a good source of vitamin C and potassium, and low in calories. This colorful stew beautifully combines the sweetness of corn and the tartness of lime that will make your taste buds sit up and say "yippee."
- Preheat roaster on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 4 minutes, place garlic and onion into heated pan. Sauté for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add bell pepper and celery and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add ginger, coriander, cayenne and lime zest and continue to sauté for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add salt, lime juice and corn and stir together. If using frozen corn, stir until corn is thawed, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add vegetable broth and coconut milk. Cover and lower heat to simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot in bowls and top with chopped cilantro to taste.
- Sautéing foods and spices before adding liquids allows the natural flavors of those foods to be released and will make your stew more flavorful.