This one pot meal takes all of the flavors that you love in enchilada pasta, without the refined carbohydrates. Zucchini is processed with Saladmaster machine into a noodle like shape, replacing traditional pasta. Beans and chicken sausage add in protein and fiber. Spicy or mild this is sure to be a crowd pleaser. This entrée is also gluten free.
- Preheat Grand Gourmet on medium heat for 5 minutes or until water skitters and dissipates.
- Sauté onion, garlic and peppers for 2-3 minutes. Add sausages, salt, cumin, chili powder and oregano. Cover pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add pinto beans and enchilada sauce, stir. Gently fold in spiralized zucchini.
- Place cover on pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese and olives on top of pan and place under broiler for a few minutes to melt and brown cheese.
- Sprinkle top with minced scallions and serve warm.
- Substitute fully cooked chicken or turkey sausage for ground turkey or lean ground beef.
- Add in pinch or two crushed red pepper for a little spice
- Watch this video for simple instructions on making Zucchini noodles https://www.facebook.com/saladmaster/videos/10155876369104729/