By "Chef" Pete Updike, Authorized Saladmaster Dealer
Fresh fruit make for a fresh dessert, and Saladmaster makes it quick and easy.
Apple Nut Surprise
3 apples, cored and sliced, use Cone #4
¾ cup pecans, sliced, use Cone #4 (82g)
1 cup tiny marshmallows (50g)
½ cup red hot candy dots (73g)
- Layer ingredients in order as listed above in 1 ½ Qt./1.4 L Sauce Pan and cover.
- Place on burner and turn to medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until apples are soft. Stick fork into apples; when the fork easily penetrates and marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and serve.
6 medium fresh peaches
8 ounces fresh blueberries (227g)
¾ cup sugar (150g)
½ teaspoon cinnamon (1.3g)
1 box white or yellow dry cake mix
12 ounces (1 can) soda pop, any brand, you will only use ½ of the can (360mL)
- Place peaches and blueberries in 3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan. Cover with sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour dry cake mix on top.
- Pour ½ can of soda pop on top and cover.
- Place sauce pan on stove top and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, check for doneness (toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out dry). If not done, recover and continue to cook.
- Can place ½ cup corn starch or oatmeal on top of peaches to absorb extra moisture.