Saladmaster Food Processor
7 Qt./6.6 L Roaster with Cover
Mega Skillet Limited Edition
Chef John Lara
Personal chef to former U.S. President
egg noodles (12 ounces/513g each)
2 - 21⁄2
lean chuck steak, cut into thin strips (900g - 1.13kg)
stalks fresh leeks, medium diced (clean well)
beef broth (14 ounces/415 mL each)
2 - 3
sprigs fresh rosemary
red cooking wine
reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup (10.75 ounces/318 mL each)
cooking browning sauce (or a few drops soy sauce)
fresh mushrooms, sliced, use Cone #4
sea salt and pepper, to taste
low-fat sour cream
fresh parsley, garnish
- In 7 Qt. Roaster, bring 1 gallon of water to a simmer. Add noodles and salt. Simmer for 8 - 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Preheat Mega Skillet on medium heat 5 - 7 minutes. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add beef, leeks, 1 cup beef broth, fresh rosemary and red cooking wine. Stir to combine.
- Cover, lower temperature to medium-low and allow beef to cook generously for 30 minutes or until meat is cooked thoroughly.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, slightly thinned out with remaining beef broth. Stir in moderation and continue to cook for 10 - 15 minutes until beef is tender.
- Remove sprigs of rosemary. Add browning sauce, mushrooms, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes until mushrooms are partially cooked. Remove pan from heat and fold in sour cream (the consistency of the sauce should be creamy).
- For plating, place a bed of noodles on base of plate and top with beef stroganoff mixture, garnish with parsley and serve.
- Use a cooking browning sauce such as Kitchen Bouquet or Gravy Master.
- Exchange beef broth for a low-sodium broth.