6 - 8 servings
1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
small mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
Contributing Recipe Editor
coconut milk, light, divided
shredded coconut (additional for garnish if desired)
Nutella hazelnut spread
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, ⅔ cup (160mL) coconut milk, oil, vanilla and coconut. Whisk until smooth and then stir in the Nutella.
- Lightly spray MP5 with coconut oil spray and pour in batter.
- In small mixing bowl, blend sugar and cocoa powder. Sprinkle on top of batter in MP5.
- In sauce pan, bring remaining 2 cups (470mL) of coconut milk to simmer. Pour over the batter in MP5; do not stir. Cover.
- Set temperature probe to 180°F/80°C and cook for 2 hours, or until cake is done (cake will float to the top and a chocolate fudge sauce will develop under the cake).
- Scoop out cake into individual bowls and drizzle with the chocolate sauce. Top with additional coconut, if desired. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Any brand of hazelnut spread may be substituted.