6 - 8 servings
1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
small mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
Contributing Recipe Editor
coconut milk, light, divided
shredded coconut (additional for garnish if desired)
Nutella hazelnut spread
coconut oil spray
vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, ⅔ cup (160mL) coconut milk, oil, vanilla and coconut. Whisk until smooth and then stir in the Nutella.
- Lightly spray MP5 with coconut oil spray and pour in batter.
- In small mixing bowl, blend sugar and cocoa powder. Sprinkle on top of batter in MP5.
- In sauce pan, bring remaining 2 cups (470mL) of coconut milk to simmer. Pour over the batter in MP5; do not stir. Cover.
- Set temperature probe to 180°F/80°C and cook for 2 hours, or until cake is done (cake will float to the top and a chocolate fudge sauce will develop under the cake).
- Scoop out cake into individual bowls and drizzle with the chocolate sauce. Top with additional coconut, if desired. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Any brand of hazelnut spread may be substituted.