11" Large Skillet with Cover
Chef Frank Turner
Former Executive Chef and Nutrition Director with Henry Ford Hospital; former Culinary Instructor at Dorsey Culinary Academy; former Executive Chef in various 4 star restaurants
fresh lemongrass, trimmed and chopped
fresh jalapeño, seeds removed
chopped fresh cilantro
boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately 4-5 ounces each)
(113 - 142
- Trim lemongrass to remove ends and tough outer layer. Remove seeds from jalapeño, and remove stems from cilantro and chop.
- Add jalapeño, chopped cilantro, garlic cloves, pineapple juice, coriander, fish sauce and lime juice into a blender and mix until smooth. Add lemongrass and mix again until smooth. This is the marinade for the chicken.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a marinating bowl or dish. Pour marinade over chicken, cover with plastic wrap or foil and marinate in refrigerator for 1½ - 2 hours.
- Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, add chicken breasts to skillet and sear. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes or until meat releases from skillet.
- Flip chicken and lower heat to medium-low. Cover skillet and cook chicken 5 - 6 more minutes or until cooked through. Let rest for 2 minutes.
- Discard all remaining marinade.
- Serve over Lentil Spinach Sauté and drizzle with Carrot Ginger Reduction.
- One 3-ounce package of lemongrass usually yields 2 ounces usable "hearts of lemongrass."