Saladmaster Food Processor
2 Qt./1.8L Sauce Pan with Cover
11" Large Skillet with Cover
Chef Frank Turner
Former Executive Chef and Nutrition Director with Henry Ford Hospital; former culinary instructor at Dorsey Culinary Academy; former executive chef in various 4 star restaurants
This vegetarian recipe is sure to impress your guests with its unique flavor. Pairs nicely with Lemongrass Seared Chicken and Carrot Ginger Reduction.
16-ounce can vegetable stock
carrot, sliced, use Cone #4
parsnip, sliced, use Cone #4
Greek Kalamata olives, pitted and rinsed
- Add lentils and vegetable stock to sauce pan and cover. Turn temperature to medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce temperature to low and cook for 30 - 40 minutes or until just done.
- Slice carrots and parsnips directly into a bowl. Add olive oil and toss to evenly coat vegetables.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, add vegetables and sauté for 1 - 1½ minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and reduce until half the liquid is gone. Do not stir the mixture while the vinegar is reducing.
- Reduce temperature to medium-low. Add olives and spinach, and top with hot cooked lentils. Stir until spinach is fully wilted (usually takes less than one minute).
- Toss in the walnuts and divide in to 5 equal portions.