Both spinach and almonds are an excellent source of calcium, making these delicious bites a perfect non-dairy treat. They are also full of protein and fiber. They can be eaten on their own along side a tahini dipping sauce or in a sandwich or on a salad. Sub out those hamburgers for these almond patties this summer and feel the nourishment of this plant-based recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Place the spinach and onions in blender (or food processor) and blend on high until a coarse paste begins to form. Add the bread crumbs, ¾ cups ground almonds, oil, tamari, rice flour, dill and blend again until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Fill a small mixing bowl with water for wetting your hands while rolling the balls. Place the remaining ¾ cup ground almonds on a large plate.
- Begin rolling the spinach mixture into small balls, and then roll each ball in the ground almonds, coating the outside of each ball.
- Place the finished balls on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- When sheet is full, place in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow balls to cool on the sheet and place them in a bowl or on a platter.