Saladmaster Food Processor
11" Large Skillet with Cover
medium mixing bowl
Cooking instructor, VegNews TV chef, and nutrition instructor
onion, sliced, use Cone #4
garlic cloves, shredded, use Cone #1
mushrooms, sliced thick
red cooking wine
- In skillet, sauté onion over medium heat until translucent. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the garlic. Remove onions and garlic from skillet and set aside.
- Place mushrooms in a single layer in skillet and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat until light brown. Turn mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes on remaining side. Use a cover, if needed, to keep mushrooms from sticking. Remove mushrooms from skillet and set aside.
- Pour wine into skillet and simmer over medium-high heat for 5 minutes to evaporate the alcohol. Add “beef” tips and simmer, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, except rice, and whisk until the flour lumps are dissolved. Increase the heat to medium-high and add onions, garlic, mushrooms and gravy mixture to the beef and wine sauce. Continue to cook until the gravy thickens, stirring constantly.
- Serve beefless tips and gravy over cooked brown rice.
- This dish pairs nicely with Brussels Sprouts.