Saladmaster Food Processor
4.5 Qt. Mini Braiser Pan with Cover (Limited Edition)
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
turkey drumsticks (approximately 4 each)
salt & fresh ground pepper
leek, trimmed, white sections thinly sliced
garlic, peeled, shredded Cone #1
chicken stock (broth?)
white wine, dry
parsley leaves, fresh, chopped
- Preheat Mini Braiser pan over medium-high heat, until several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes.
- While Mini Braiser pan is preheating, season turkey drum sticks on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Add seasoned turkey to preheated Braiser pan and brown for about 4-5 minutes on all sides, this will take 16-20 minutes. Make sure turkey is well browned. Place lid on pan leaving it slightly ajar while turkey is browning.
- Add leeks to braising pan and stir to sauté and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine garlic, thyme, chicken stock, white wine and mustard in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour braising liquid over turkey.
- Place cover on pan. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 1 hour or until turkey is cooked through and tender.
- Add fresh chopped parsley to pan and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve 1 turkey drumstick per person with pan gravy and additional side dish as desired.
- Substitute turkey drumsticks for turkey legs with thigh meat. Chicken drumsticks can also be substituted for turkey.