When baking a boxed cake or brownies in the Saladmaster Electric Oil Core Skillet follow these instructions:
Utensil: Saladmaster 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet
- Follow the ingredient and mixing instructions on the box.
- Preheat skillet, with the cover on, to 250°F/120°C.
- Place batter in skillet, cover, and raise heat to 300°F/150°C.
- Set digital probe timer to cook for the specified time on the box, using the time for the 9 in. pan size on the box.
- When time has elapsed, allow to cool approximately one hour in the skillet. Run knife around edge of cake to loosen from skillet, if needed.
- Invert cake onto platter for serving. Ice or decorate cake as desired.
- When removing the cover after the cooling period, immediately turn the cover over, upside down, so the moisture that has accumulated on the inside of the cover does not drip onto the cake.
- Spray the pan lightly with a cooking oil spray just prior to placing batter into skillet or cut parchment paper to fit the bottom of the skillet; it will allow the cake to be easily removed.
- If you do not set the timer, simply unplug the skillet after the proper cooking time and allow to cool approximately one hour.
- These instructions can be followed for any type of box cake mix (e.g. chocolate, white, carrot cake).