When using any electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles and knobs. Do not operate the electrical appliance without handles in place.
- To protect against electrical hazards, do not immerse core, plugs, or heat control in water or other liquid.
- Saladmaster® electrical appliances are not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without supervision.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged. Return appliance for examination and possible repairs.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot burner or in a heated oven.
- Use extreme caution when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquid.
- Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug cord into wall outlet. To disconnect, press the off button, then remove plug from wall outlet.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electrical shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician for assistance. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MODIFY THE PLUG IN ANY WAY.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended household use.
- Do not tamper with pressure relief valve behind handle. If oil leaks from under handles or from any part of the appliance, do not use. For repairs, see warranty.
- After cleaning, the appliance inlet (where the electrical connector plugs in) must be thoroughly dried before appliance is used again.