For fancy waffled cuts of fruits and vegetables. The #5 Waffler cone creates thicker cuts than the No. 4 - Thin Slicer.
- Potatoes - Do not peel. Simply cut and fry to a golden brown. Sweet potatoes, which much first be peeled, are also excellent when waffled.
- Apples - Cut apples in half and remove core. Slice, cook, and serve.
- For pickled beets - cook, slice, and then pickle. Excellent for canning.
- Bananas - Fast and attractive slices for fruit salads, desserts, or a delicious yogurt parfait.
- Carrots - No need to peel. Simply slice and cook...or use in an attractive garden salad.
CAUTION: As with any precision cutting instrument, the edges of the cutting cones are very sharp. Use extreme care when handling.